Hey everyone, Ashley here! It’s been a while since we’ve posted anything on the blog. It’s great to be back in front of the computer screen and writing (typing) about my YLEO love and lifestyle. I want to share with you my love for the Wolfberry! This exotic berry dates back to the Ming Dynasty and was a part of ancient Chinese culture. The delicious red wolfberries, also known as Goji berries or Lycium berries, are native to China, with the majority growing in China’s NingXia Province. Now, If you’re familiar with Young Living then you’ve heard about NingXia Province at least once or twice! 😉
Young Living’s Organic Dried Wolfberries are celebrated around the world for their taste as well as their nutritious benefits because they are packed FULL of antioxidants. They are a sweet, organic snack you can easily incorporate into lots of different recipes. I was dying to try them since I had already enjoyed Ningxia Red, Ningxia Zyng and the chocolate coated Wolfberry Crisp Bars. I know I have mentioned this before but when it comes to Young Living’s Seed to Seal process, you know you’re getting the best quality products, hands down. It’s the biggest reason why I chose to start my journey with Young Living over the other companies out there. Their gentle drying process is what makes the USDA-certified organic wolfberries SO versatile.
When the package of dried wolfberries arrived in my Essential Rewards order I immediately started looking up ways to cook with them. Young Living’s blog was the first place I visited. (Click here to view their post on Wolfberries) It was early November and I was feeling all the Fall vibes so I decided to go with Banana Bread. I failed to take pictures while baking and the loaf didn’t last long in our house, we ate it up within two days. I will make some more soon and make sure to take pictures! The wolf berries gave the bread the perfect amount of sweetness! The recipe for this delicious bread is below, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! YUM!
Banana Wolfberry Bread
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup Organic Dried Wolfberries
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. Sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Mix the brown sugar and butter together using a hand blender (or stand alone blender) until the sugar has completely dissolved.
4. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and blend on a low setting until everything is evenly mixed into the batter.
5. Add the mashed bananas, Organic Dried Wolfberries and the remaining dry ingredients to the above mixture and beat for 30 seconds. (You don’t want to over-beat the bananas or they will start to oxidize)
6. Pour the batter into a non-stick (or greased) 4×8 inch loaf baking pan and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the bread.
7. Let the loaf cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.